Austin Polytech is home to the Manufacturing Connect program that works directly with with manufacturers around the Chicagoland area to provide a variety of work-based learning opportunities to students. Over 80 manufacturing companies have partnered with Austin Polytech and Manufacturing Connect since 2007 to help our students learn about manufacturing first-hand.
Manufacturers are the foundation of the Manufacturing Connect program. Your company can help our students learn real world skills through:
- Provide Facility Tours of your company
- Host students for Job Shadowing
- Hire students for Spring-Break Internships, Summer Jobs, or full-time career employment
- Collaborate with teachers to give classroom presentations and/or help develop entire lesson plans integrating manufacturing into subjects such as math, English, engineering and more
- Job Coach APA Seniors to help them get that first job after high school
- Attend Quarterly Advisory Meetings at the school to hear the latest updates and participate in discussions to help us improve our program.
- Sign up to become a mentor to one of our motivated students.
To learn more about participating in the Manufacturing Connect program, please contact Henrina "Dee Dee" Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 534-6326.