A key aspect of Austin Polytech's innovative educational approach is our focus on teaching through partnerships with manufacturers around the Chicago area. Over 60 partners have signed on to help our students learn about manufacturing first-hand.
Partnerships are the foundation of Austin Polytech's college- and career-prep program. Your company can help our students learn real world skills through:
- Provide Facility Tours of your company
- Host students for Job Shadowing
- Hire students for Spring-Break Internships, Summer Jobs, or full-time career employment
- Collaborate with teachers to give classroom presentations and/or help develop entire lesson plans integrating manufacturing into subjects such as math, English, engineering and more
- Job Coach APA Seniors to help them get that first job after high school
- Attend Quarterly Advisory Meetings at the school to hear the latest updates and participate in discussions to help us improve our Polytech Career Program.
- Join Austin Polytech’s Local School Council: the official advisory governance board consisting of teachers, parents, students, community members and other manufacturer representatives to oversee school operations, budgets, school-improvement plan, and principal evaluation.
- Sponsor one of APA’s student leadership clubs: SkillsUSA, Student-Run Manufacturing Business, Sustainability Leaders, Ambassadors’ Club
- Annual $750 participation fee
To learn more about supporting Austin Polytech, please contact Bill Vogel at email@example.com or (773) 534-6326.